EICR Inspection Engineer (Fixed Wire Tester) (Ref: BDEL032)
Offering comprehensive in-house design, manufacture and installation services; Bridges Electrical Engineers Ltd., is a trusted high performance and multi-disciplined MEICA engineering technology company with an established and long-term client base. Today we work with a broad range of commercial and industrial clients in the water treatment, quarrying, nuclear and waste recycling sectors.
We are currently looking for a EICR Inspection Engineer to work within our Maidstone office, to carry out testing and inspection of existing industrial installations and production of condition reports.
- Carry out condition reports on existing industrial installations.
- Fully complete EICR reports on tablet / laptop on-site for approval by QS.
- Identify and correctly code defects, list materials required for rectification.
- Complete “quick fix” remedial works at time of inspection.
- Carry out Fixed Appliance testing.
- Compile draft electrical line drawing’s on-site for installations inspected (where required)
- Read, understand and follow Risk Assessments and Methods Statements.
- Undertake company’s electrical competency assessment.
- To maintain confidentiality of information and ensure that information received is not disclosed, unless appropriate, to other Bridges’ personnel or external bodies.
- Taking responsibility for the Health & Safety of self and all under your control.
- Minimising impact on and protection of the environment.
- Safe cost-effective delivery of electrical installations in line with company SHEQ policies.
- Working at height
- Working in confined spaces
- To ensure health and safety of yourself and those around you
- Ensuring the quality of your work on site is completed right first time & to Bridges standards
- Experience in a similar role within an industrial environment
- Experience completing EICR reports (Mandatory)
- Test and Inspect qualification (C&G 2391 / 2394/5)
- JIB Card Approved Electrician (Desirable)
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and company procedures.
- Willingness to learn and undertake occupational and Health & Safety training.
- Numeric and reading skills.
- Prepared to take responsibility for self and others.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to give and take instruction.
- Emergency first aid or First Aider. (Desirable)
- Full UK driving licence.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and well-being. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.
Closing date: Monday 24th February 2020