Electrical Design Engineer (Ref: BDESOSB002)
Are you interested in contributing to a leading Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls & Automation business with a superb reputation, within the water and waste industry?
Offering comprehensive in-house design, manufacture and installation services; Bridges Electrical Engineers Ltd., is a trusted high performance and multi-disciplined MEICA engineering technology company with an established and long-term client base. Today we work with a broad range of commercial and industrial clients in the water treatment, quarrying, nuclear and waste recycling sectors.
We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our well established department. We take the family run business culture strongly and the team have a good working relationship. We are looking for a team player who is willing to adapt and is looking for a long term career within design to balance the foundation of this existing design team.
The Electrical Design Engineer role will be required to carry out detailed installation design for existing modifications and new installations.
- To produce single line diagrams, block cable diagrams, cable schedules and hook up drawings (in-house training is available for using our systems)
- To produce drawings using AutoCAD Electrical (similar software experience would be transferable)
- Using Trimble / AMTECH calculating systems for cable sizing (in-house training is available in this area)
- To ensure the integrity of the design through:
- technical design calculations
- cost effectiveness
- To produce designs in accordance with the design specification through technical innovation
- To have an understanding of the British Standards and water industry specifications and to work in line with safety regulations (in-house training is available in this area)
- Occasional visits to site with Survey Engineers on larger scale projects to enhance the design information
- To be a team player with the power to help the company grow
- To maintain tight control of actual hours and costs booked to you projects, highlighting any expected additional costs or hours as soon as possible
- Gaining client requirements and creating specifications for projects; creating solutions.
- Working alongside the Project Manager and Design Manager to ensure that the designs of projects are running to client requirements and are compliant with regulations.
- A knowledge of design interfaces with control panels and mechanical plant and working within the water industry would be beneficial
- Electrical design experience in the Water and Waster Water industry would be beneficial
- Able to work within a team environment
- A good attitude towards health and safety and a desire to learn the relevant regulations and requirements
- Willingness to learn and undertake occupational and Health & Safety training
- Numeric and reading skills
- Prepared to take responsibility for self and others
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to give and take instruction
- Punctuality and reliability
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and wellbeing. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employee and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.