Finance Director (BFIN002)
Job Role: Finance Director
Location: Midsomer Norton, Bath
Are you looking for a new challenge or the next exciting step in your career? Are you interested in working with a leading engineering and project delivery business?
If yes, then this role may be for you.
Bridges specialise in engineering and construction, operating from six regional locations. We employ in excess of 200 members of staff with an annual turnover exceeding £30m. We are a forward thinking business looking for a team player who would like to add value to our exciting journey.
Our key business focus is centred around safe and happy staff whilst taking our business on a sustainable journey of growth.
The role would be based in our head office in Midsomer Norton and would report to the Managing Director, with direct leadership of the Finance and IT team.
- Supporting the Managing Director and Board in all financial activity and providing regular feedback on financial performance against budgets and contract performance
- Defining and implementing the Board’s Finance and Accounting Strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance
- Implementing appropriate financial systems and processes to support the effective delivery of the business plan
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Effective management of the company’s Accounting function
Financial Planning and Management
- Ensure that the company’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies to include regular reviews of the company’s cash profile and projections
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions as appropriate
- Ensure all aspects of payroll and benefits administration are operated efficiently and effectively in line with best practice and statutory regulations
- Overseeing the monthly close of the financial systems and reporting to the Board
- Responsibility for cost control ensuring budgeting processes are understood and adhered to
- Recommend solutions and monitor financial resources available to satisfy short term needs as well as longer term strategic objectives
- Escalation of any financial risks / exposure / opportunities together with possible solutions
- Previous experience and success as a Finance Director in an SME environment
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably within an engineering/project driven environment
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Excellent attention to detail, numerical reasoning and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Ability to liaise with the company's lawyers, auditors, banks and external parties to ensure that risks are managed and obligations are met
- Experience of using Sage 200 is preferred
- Ideally experienced in managing an IT team and IT projects
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
Bridges is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture and are dedicated to helping our employees learn and develop with us throughout their careers.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package
Private healthcare (including family)
Standard Life Pension Scheme
Life Assurance Scheme (5x annual salary)
Employee Discount Scheme
Bike 2 Work scheme