Project Engineer (Ref: BDEL005)
Offering comprehensive in-house design, manufacture and installation services; Bridges Electrical Engineers Ltd., is a trusted high performance and multi-disciplined MEICA engineering technology company with an established and long-term client base. Today we work with a broad range of commercial and industrial clients in the water treatment, quarrying, nuclear and waste recycling sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join our Project Management team in Midsomer Norton.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of staff and subcontractors working on your projects.
- Assist with controlling project expenditure costs to maximise profitability
- Ensuring project documentation is up to date and correct
- Attending site meetings and program planning
- Updating the Project Manager & Commercial Department with information from the sites
- Make decisions both small and large, in such a way that risk is controlled and uncertainty minimised
- To ensure personal health and safety and that of others in your charge and around you including report all accidents, incidents and near misses
- Minimising impact on & protection of the environment
- Managing the completion of site installation work ensuring projects are on schedule and within budget, including:
- Organising, advising and supervising all personnel working on site and monitor productivity and output to maximise efficiency
- Ordering materials on time and within budget
- Organisation of labour
- Producing method statements and risk assessments and ensure compliance by all personnel on site
- Ensure all tools and equipment are on site when required
- Attend site meetings and deputise for the Project Manager as appropriate
- Liaising with customers and ensuring work is carried out to their specifications
- Recording and reporting additional work on priced jobs for invoicing
- Experience in the Water and Waste industry
- Experience in a Project Engineer (or similar) role
- Relevant electrical or mechanical qualifications
- Desire to progress and succeed within the industry
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and wellbeing. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employee and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.