Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Ref: BDESOSB004)
Offering comprehensive in-house design, manufacture and installation services; Bridges Electrical Engineers Ltd., is a trusted high performance and multi-disciplined MEICA engineering technology company with an established and long-term client base. Today we work with a broad range of commercial and industrial clients in the water treatment, quarrying, nuclear and waste recycling sectors.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our well established department. We take the family run business culture strongly and the team have a good working relationship. We are looking for a team player who is willing to adapt and is looking for a long term career within design to balance the foundation of this existing design team.
- To produce single line diagrams, block cable diagrams, cable schedules and hook up drawings (in-house training is available for using our systems)
- To produce drawings using AutoCAD Electrical (similar software experience would be transferable)
- Using Trimble / AMTECH calculating systems for cable sizing (in-house training is available in this area)
- To ensure the integrity of the design through:
- technical design calculations
- cost effectiveness
- To have an understanding of the British Standards and water industry specifications and to work in line with safety regulations (in-house training is available in this area)
- Occasional visits to site with Survey Engineers on larger scale projects to enhance the design information
- To work with, support and train new staff and/or apprentices to enable them to be an effective team member
- Checking and approving drawings
- Highlighting differences with the design and quotes, capturing cost differences
- To challenge existing design specifications and processes to find a more streamlined solution
- Raise awareness of any new process, tool or market trend that you feel would benefit Bridges or our customers
- To be a team player with the power to help the company grow
- To maintain tight control of actual hours and costs booked to you projects, highlighting any expected additional costs or hours as soon as possible
- Gaining client requirements and creating specifications for projects; creating solutions.
- Working alongside the Project Manager and Design Manager to ensure that the designs of projects are running to client requirements and are compliant with regulations.
- Design experience within the water industry or a similar transferable industry
- A background in electrical installation would be advantageous
- Able to work within a team environment
- A good attitude towards health and safety and a desire to learn the relevant regulations and requirements
- Willingness to learn and undertake occupational and Health & Safety training
- Numeric and reading skills
- Prepared to take responsibility for self and others
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to give and take instruction
- Punctuality and reliability
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and wellbeing. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employee and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.